Job purpose: To coordinate, manage, and conduct program services that prepare adult immigrants and their families for self-sufficiency in the United States
- Meet, greet, and interview potential students for our ESOL, Citizenship, and Career Advancement Classes
- Teach one ESOL class (5 hours/week) each semester
- Teach and/or tutor one ESOL/Citizenship class (5 hours/week) each session
- Administer BEST testing, our assessment system
- Interview, manage, and provide ongoing support to the students in the Individual Achievement Program (IAP) as they work towards education, professional, and personal goals.
- Call students to schedule appointments and follow-up with inquires/absences
- Assist teachers and Director of Education as needed in and out of the classroom
- Maintain student records in our client relationship database
- Support and engage in outreach efforts for upcoming classes and workshops
DATES AND HOURS:
AmeriCorps Members commit to serve for 11 months From September 2017 - August 2018. The position is full-time (40 hours a week).
• Living allowance up to $12,900
• Education award of $5,815
• Paid health & dental insurance
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of the IIIC
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and be independent
- Take-charge initiative
- Intermediate or higher competency in computer skills including MS Office and Google Apps
- ESOL teaching experience preferred
- Spanish or other second language preferred
Please email your cover letter and resume by May 1st, 2017.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*