The Fraser Institute has a contract position available for an Event Coordinator in our Education Programs Department. This multifaceted position is ideal for a dynamic, organized individual who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. We are seeking someone who is a team-player, is interested in project management, and enjoys an active learning environment in a growing team.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Education Events, this position will assist with the planning and execution of the Institute’s educational outreach, with particular focus on university student seminars and our program for journalists. Specific duties include the following:
- Assisting with planning and executing all aspects of seminars from start to finish.
- Selecting venues and organizing venue logistics.
- Liaising with speakers - arranging travel, payment, etc.
- Monitoring program budgets and completing relevant accounting paperwork.
- Assembling detailed program materials.
- Creating marketing materials. Responsible for assembling and delivering electronic newsletters and email blasts as well as marketing programs through social media.
- Onsite event management - executing each event to a high standard.
- Carrying out all pre and post-project administration, including registrations, integration into database, follow-up communications, etc.
- Distributing all e-marketing materials through Cvent.
- Responding to student inquiries.
- Maintaining a large database of educators and students (MS Access).
- Assisting with other programs when necessary, such as high school or teacher programs.
- Holds Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or combination thereof.
- Minimum of two years of event planning experience.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys interacting with the public and is comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Works with, and communicates clearly with, all departments and staff within the Fraser Institute as well as high-level speakers and professionals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Technical proficiency with database applications (MS Access preferred).
- Experience working with Cvent an asset.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Some travel may be required.
- Preference will be given to those who are interested in public policy or economics and/or are interested in educating students.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*