Main functions and responsibilities
- Implements and reviews development effectiveness tools of IIC’s operations. Ensures the compliance with the evaluation standards embedded in IIC’S the development effectiveness framework;
- Ensures that in every stage of the lifecycle of IIC products and services development effectiveness objectives are met, comply with quality standards that ensure the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and evaluability of those products, as well as their financial sustainability and financial contribution;
- Participates in project preparation providing technical advice on the project design and monitoring and evaluation plans. Provides training to IIC’s teams and clients on intervention logic, indicators, data collection, and evaluation methodologies;
- Facilitates the inclusion of lessons learned into the design of new projects and provides advice for the implementation of ongoing projects. Participates in the preparation of knowledge products focused on development effectiveness;
- Informs clients about the latest developments in their respective industry and innovative approaches that might impact their business;
- Reports on development effectiveness data to inform the Corporate Results Framework, Development Effectiveness Overview, pitch books and other communication products. Facilitates the cooperation with other MDBs on development effectiveness matters.
The Officer should possess a clear understanding of the operational work of the IIC or similar experience in a multilateral institution/private sector. Knowledge and/or experience in Latin America, particularly Central America, and the Caribbean is essential.
The following additional requirements should be met:
- Education: An advanced degree (at least Master, MBA, or equivalent) in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Public Policy or related field;
- Experience: At least 3 years of relevant experience in monitoring or evaluation of development projects in one or more areas of interest for the IIC: financial markets and banking, transport, energy, telecommunication, agribusiness, manufacturing, tourism and other services. Experience in financial analysis, economic cost-benefit analysis, or impact evaluation is a plus;
- Language skills: Proficiency in Spanish and English. Working knowledge of French or Portuguese is a plus.
- Development effectiveness: Promotes positive social, economic and environmental impacts through IIC projects, products and knowledge management activities. Prepares or supervises the preparation of ex-ante cost-benefit analysis, result matrices, and monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation: Designs and implements effective monitoring and evaluation methodologies for projects and programs;
- Project Design and Structuring: Designs projects that are sustainable, financially and developmentally sound and contribute to the IIC mission;
- Project Implementation and Supervision: Manages the implementation and execution of projects, including tying results to original strategy, flexing to new situations/conditions and intervening when necessary to keep projects on track;
- Market and Developmental Analytics: Uses analytical processes, methodologies and tools to interpret market behavior and understand developmental progress/impact;
- Relationship Management: Manages internal or external clients and their needs by building relationships, maintaining contact, and gathering a deep understanding of their function or business.
- Collaboration, Teamwork and Inclusion: Works cooperatively with others independent of background or organizational role and takes a team based and inclusive approach to projects and decision making;
- Innovation and Creativity: Develops imaginative ideas and solutions through creativity, experimentation and critical thinking;
- Quality and Efficiency in All We Do: Creates and/or implements standards of excellence for products and services ensuring consistency, accuracy, reliability and efficiency. Continuously seeks new ways to make processes run smoother and faster to enhance outcomes;
- Communication, Influence and Accountability: Communicates effectively and leverages relationships and strategies to influence others;
- Client Focus: Understands client needs and provides services that meet their expectations for quality and performance; meets the IIC’s expectations for ethical behavior.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*