The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is looking for a colleague to help develop and implement initiatives to safeguard the freedoms of assembly, association, and expression in the United States. We have worked on these issues in over 100 countries, and the Civic Freedom Advisor will help enhance our US program.
The Civic Freedom Advisor is a part-time position and is based in our Washington, DC office. Working with ICNL’s Senior Management, illustrative responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development of ICNL’s strategy to protect the freedoms of association, assembly, and expression (“civic freedom”) in the United States;
- Monitoring threats to civic freedom in the United States;
- Mapping initiatives and coordinating with organizations, movements and individuals working on civic freedom issues in the United States;
- Organizing virtual and in-person meetings;
- Designing and implementing activities to protect civic freedom in the United States; and
- Managing the budget and working with ICNL’s management to mobilize additional resources for this program.
- Close connections to organizations, movements, and individuals working on civic freedom and human rights issues in the United States.
- Experience designing and implementing program strategies in related fields.
- Experience monitoring legal developments at the national and state levels.
- Experience with program and budget management.
- Legal degree preferred but not required.
- The Civic Freedom Advisor must possess legal authorization to work in the US.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with an application deadline of July 28, 2017. Please send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected]. The subject line should state “Civic Freedom Advisor.” Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.