Transparency International (TI) Georgia works to support the development of public institutions, promote good governance and the rule of law, ensure transparency and accountability of government, support fair and democratic elections and protect universally recognized human rights. Find out more about our work and projects at http://transparency.ge
TI Georgia, the national chapter of the Transparency International anti-corruption global movement, seeks a full-time Project Manager to work on the organization’s media programs. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and coordinate activities in line with the TI Georgia strategy and agreements with major donors.
Salary range, Net: USD 1300 - 1700 (will be defined according to the candidate's qualification)
Benefits: Health insurance, phone credit
Based in: Tbilisi office
Working hours: 10:00-18:00 (Monday to Friday)
Reports to: Executive Director
Main duties include:
● Overseeing the work of TI Georgia’s media team (senior researcher and researcher);
● Supervising implementation of activities in line with the organization’s strategy and agreements with donors;
● Reporting to the donor organizations semi-annually and annually;
● Ensuring timely evaluation and monitoring of project activities, as well as mitigation of emerging risks;
● Developing new projects and identifying emerging opportunities, including fundraising and negotiating with donors;
● Working closely and in coordination with other projects’ staff to ensure that all relevant information is shared within the office through mechanisms and tools set up by the organization;
● Undertaking research and identifying advocacy opportunities related to the media and telecommunications sector, transparency and open data;
● Conducting regular analysis and providing opinions on changes and developments in the media, advertising and telecommunications industry, including the legal environment;
● Exploring and proposing new areas of research in the media and telecommunication sectors;
● Writing reports, blogs and other written materials on current issues in the Georgian media;
● Preparing training materials and conducting training for journalists;
● Representing the organization at meetings with stakeholders and in the media;
● Contributing to the general work and objectives of Transparency International Georgia;
● Supervising other relevant projects as assigned the Executive Director.
● Master’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, political and social sciences, public administration, international relations, law or other relevant fields;
● Minimum five years of work experience in project management, including budget management;
● A strong understanding of the Georgian governance system and its key actors and institutions;
● A strong understanding of the Georgian media and telecommunications sector, media law and regulations is desirable;
● A strong understanding of transparency and anti-corruption mechanisms, and willingness to learn more;
● Strong writing and analytical skills;
● Strong command of spoken and written English;
● Proven ability to conduct research;
● Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines;
● Ability to work independently as well as in small teams, at times with limited supervision.
Applications should send an email, including all of the following:
1. CV in English;
2. Cover letter in English, indicating your interest in the position and explaining why the applicant is qualified;
3. Contact information of two professional referees.
The deadline for submission of applications is August 6, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please indicate “Project Manager” in the subject line.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*