EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is looking for a work experience placement under the supervision of the policy advisor in the area of knowledge society (ICT) for six months starting 4 September 2017.
This area includes topics such as smart cities, Horizon 2020 and research and innovation, digital inclusion and e-government, data, standards, broadband, cyber-security and more.
The placement will cover the following tasks:
- monitoring ICT policy initiatives and developments at the EU level;
- analysing ICT policy documents, drafting briefing notes and policy papers;
- drafting articles for the EUROCITIES newsletter, managing KSF yammer platform, updating the EUROCITIES web pages on ICT issues and other communications-related tasks;
- assisting the project team on ICT related projects and initiatives;
- assisting in the organization of forum and working group meetings;
- general administrative tasks.
- university degree preferably on political science, international relations, EU policies etc.;
- basic knowledge about ICT policies in the EU (EU digital agenda, digital single market strategy), the role of local authorities and the EU institutions;
- excellent English; other European languages are an asset;
- good command of MS Office;
- proactive, organised, team player.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*