Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
- This is an entry-level position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s dynamic Youth Engagement team. The Assistant supports all logistical aspects of Women Deliver’s global youth efforts, including the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program and Women Deliver Conference
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for Women Deliver’s Youth Engagement work and team.
- Provides support to all Women Deliver Young Leaders by collecting and filing necessary individual data, updating and maintaining records of Young Leaders, and assisting in onboarding and start-up activities of each new class of Women Deliver Young Leaders.
- Assists with meeting and event planning (both domestic and international), including working with staff, consultants, Young Leaders, and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans and travel logistics as needed.
- Manages all youth-related logistics related to the Women Deliver Conference, which includes providing and tracking Young Leader sponsorship, maintaining records of travel and planned participation of up to 700 individuals, and managing logistics related to the Young Leader Pre-Conference, Youth Zone, and other youth engagement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 0-3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in similar role.
- Experience supporting a team with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn more about non-profit program management.
- Passion for gender equality, global maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, and meaningful youth engagement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively with consultants and vendors.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with handling international travel and event-planning logistics a plus.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*