Chemonics seeks a senior recruitment associate to support our Procurement and Supply Management project. Procurement and Supply Management (PSM), is a 5-year, multi-billion dollar United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project. It will consolidate the procurement and assistance components of the previous programs and will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and provide health commodities to partner countries and provide assistance to improve countries’ management of the supply chains for such commodities. To support global health initiatives in HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, and reproductive health, the project has three primary objectives: global commodity procurement and logistics, systems strengthening to support in-country supply chain management, and collaboration via strategic engagement to improve long-term global supply of health commodities. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy and a commitment to results. The candidate will be responsible for cultivating professional relationships to build talent pipelines and to recruit new talent. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Works in partnership with hiring managers to determine hiring needs, candidate matches and demands of positions.
- Screens and vets candidates to include salary negotiations serving as subject matter expert and point of contact.
- Conducts recruitment panel orientations, ensuring that all panel members are aware of their responsibilities.
- Organizes, coordinates and follows-up with recruitment panels, providing guidance and support to staff across the company in recruiting the best candidates for open positions.
- Assists with candidate outreach to include job fairs, information sessions and informational interviews.
- Assists with development and management of all recruitment marketing and branding.
- Works in conjunction with the Procurement and Supply Management staff on maintaining a pipe line of candidates.
- Applies human resource laws and federal and state regulations to day to day recruitment activities.
- Works in conjunction with new business staff to understand and better respond to clients’ needs, continually promoting outstanding client service.
- Ensure that all recruitment, hiring and placement of staff adhere to Chemonics’ policies and procedures, relevant human resource laws and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs standards.
- Associate’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience, required; Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, preferred
- Minimum two years of recruitment or relevant experience required; minimum two years of recruitment or HR-specific experience, preferred
- Experience with ATS or HR systems preferred, experience with Taleo a plus
- Ability to maintain discretion and work with highly confidential and/or protected information require d
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-cultural communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks a year
- Foreign language proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese strongly preferred
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*