The Public Relations Strategist is responsible for writing, content creation/ideation, editing and proofreading all written communications materials. This role works with the communications team, senior level executives and staff across the organization to draft white papers, by-lined articles, op-eds, press releases, newsletters, statements, talking points, email blasts, blog posts, website, and other marketing collateral. In addition, this role provides assistance with media outreach and placement of news stories.
- Liaises with client managers and program delivery teams to support media outreach and public relations for specific clients and programs across IIE (crafting press releases and media messages, responding to media inquiries, developing media plans, and identifying media partners). Schedule and organize news releases for key IIE initiatives and organization-wide announcements, liaising with the Public Affairs Advisor and subject matter expert writers.
- Leads content creation across the organization by providing high-level reporting, writing, and editing for internal and external communications that support the organization and its partners/clients. This includes press releases, bylined articles, op-ed pieces, newsletters, websites, social media, blog posts, fact sheets and marketing collateral.
- Serve as the editorial lead for all written material in communications; edit and fact check material on tight deadlines; champion correct use of grammar and adhere to organizational/partner style guides.
Education and Experience:
- Requires an Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, English, communications or public affairs/public relations required.
- Strong experience with public relations or public affairs.
- Previous related experience in writing or journalism is preferred.
- Proven track record to write about complex topics in a simple and clear manner applicable to a general audience.
- Demonstrated expert writing and proofreading skills, with an emphasis on copywriting, technical writing and press releases.
- Demonstrated experience in curating content from stakeholders.
- Proven ability to write for a variety of different purposes, such as news, features, press releases, speeches, bylined articles, op-ed pieces, web, social media, marketing collateral, scripts, etc.
- Solid organizational and communications skills; carefully records and tracks key project activities and documents.
- The preference is to have this person sit in the DC office.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*