The Program Manager, Online Learning is primarily responsible for instructional design and learning management system (LMS) implementation for Global Ties U.S. web-based training for both exchange program participants and exchange program implementing partners. This includes all aspects of administration, management, and evaluation of online learning activities. The position requires an experienced professional who can work independently, managing project activities including recruitment and supervision of subject matter experts, development of content and knowledge assessment tools, managing and monitoring project budgets and providing support and input to the Global Ties U.S. senior staff and U.S. Government partners. The Program Manager’s work will primarily involve content development and deployment for the Police Professionalization Exchange Program with Mexico, as well training activities for implementing partners of the International Visitor Leadership Program.
The position requires a professional with a combination of interpersonal, educational, and programmatic skills, as well as someone that is highly energetic, detail oriented, and has the ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and personalities at a time. It also requires comfort in working with design software, learning management systems, and association management systems. The Program Manager will supervise a program associate and assist in supervising a program intern.
Essential Functions and Duties
Program Management and Administration
- Develop and implement comprehensive online learning strategies in keeping with funder, program, and organizational goals;
- Management of all aspects of content development, including objective setting, research, writing, editing, and publication;
- Recruitment, contracting, and managing of subject matter experts;
- Conversion of content captured from live presentation to online formats as appropriate;
- Ensure that adult learning principles and assessment best practices are incorporated into training offerings;
- Oversee integration of our learning management system (BlueQuill) with our association management system (SalesForce);
- Regularly report on participant enrollment, assessment, and completion results;
- Interact with other program staff, Department of State program contacts, evaluation consultant, making adjustments to or changes in the program as judgment dictates;
- Manage assigned project budgets to ensure that project activities have financial support and that expenses do not exceed authorized budgets;
- Supervise program associate, graduate fellow, volunteers, and other administrative staff on assigned projects to ensure the timely planning and implementation of all project logistical and administrative tasks;
- Serve as internal expert on inclusion of online/virtual components of new programs;
- Support or take on other management or administrative duties as needed and assigned.
- B.A. in International Relations, Intercultural Studies, Political Science, Justice Studies, Latin American Studies, Education or related field.
- At least six (6) years of professional experience relevant to this position.
- Strong technical aptitude, including a high level of comfort and familiarity with online education and video technologies (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.).
- Experience working with online training programs or international exchange programs, preferably those sponsored and funded by the U.S. government.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (including Excel, Word, and Power Point), and/or other Internet-based or desktop databases and software.
- Fluent oral and written English and Spanish language abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualification
- Master’s or other advanced degree.
- International study or work experience.
- Experience with the Global Ties Network or other international exchange networks.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Evidence of experience managing or supervising individuals or teams.
- Experience with law enforcement exchange programs or agencies would also be of benefit.
- Experience working in or with projects focused on Mexico.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of virtual international exchange program implementation, administration, and planning.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, member organizations, stakeholders, and program participants.
- Strong project execution and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities when multiple demands are present.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated interest in international exchange, education, or affairs.
- Great “can-do” attitude with a desire to innovate, develop, and implement.
Special Responsibilities Required
- May be required to attend meetings and events outside of the office, and on weekends.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
· This job will require a criminal background check.
· This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by person(s) assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*