The Senior Communications Associate plays a significant role in designing and implementing Women Deliver’s strategic communications for programming related to humanitarian and fragile settings, in alignment with the overall communications strategy of Women Deliver. In this new role, the Senior Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications with a dotted line to the Director of External Relations. The Senior Communications Associate will lead in developing new communications assets, talking points, messaging, infographics and speak-outs on policy positions that improve RMNCAH in fragile and humanitarian settings.
- Serves as the daily focal point and communications lead for our humanitarian and fragile settings programming.
- Working in close coordination with the advocacy, youth, external relations and humanitarian teams and develops and implements communications plans for key programmatic and advocacy moments (including commissions, conferences, and consultations) to advance the humanitarian and fragile settings campaign strategy and workplan.
- Integrates the humanitarian and fragile settings campaign work into the overall Women Deliver editorial calendar, and manages external communications.
- Oversees Women Deliver press and media outreach related to the humanitarian and fragile settings including pitching, external contracts, and relationship cultivating with journalists and others in the media.
- Conducts and oversees writing, editing, production, dissemination, and tracking related to humanitarian and fragile setting campaigns, including coordination of content within all promotional materials (across multiple platforms – including, but not limited to, presentations, digital content, video, photography, website content, blogs, social media posts, e-blasts, collateral materials and external reports), aligned with Women Deliver’s broader communication efforts.
- Working in close coordination with the advocacy, youth, humanitarian and external relations teams, maintains and routinely updates a compendium of the latest data related to humanitarian issue areas, including reports, publications, initiatives, and campaigns to inform and enhance communications efforts.
- Seeks out and/or supports communications and media activities with multi-sector partners as well as supports partner communication efforts through international and global south traditional and social media outlets.
- Supports the management of relationships and projects plans, timelines, and budgets with work that may require external consultants or vendors (e.g., designers, printers, editors, videographers, photographers, digital and communications consultants, etc.).
- Coordinates humanitarian and fragile settings specific social media outreach and engagement, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr, to engage with cross-sector and cross-issue partners, allies, supporters, and their networks.
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of the workplan to ensure timely completion of deliverables, particularly as it related to communications efforts for humanitarian and fragile settings programming.
- Organizes and attends meetings, briefings, conferences, and other events, as requested.
- Supervises interns and consultants, as needed.
- Contributes to Women Deliver’s organization-wide communications planning efforts.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required in related field such as communications, journalism, international affairs, public health, human rights, or gender studies; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of media/communications experience in an NGO, UN agency, a communications agency, a media outlet, or corporation.
- Must possess humanitarian expertise with a focus on women and girls.
- Expertise in international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with developing and executing advocacy and communications campaigns using research, public events, and media–particularly in an international and developing country context.
- Proven ability to work effectively with communications consultants and vendors on creative outputs across multiple platforms.
- Experience developing highly-effective digital media content.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project coordination skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and work.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to consistently delivering excellent-quality work.
- Experience working with partners and coalitions on the development and execution of communications strategies and deliverables.
- Experience with advocacy and communications campaigns, monitoring and evaluation techniques a plus, but not required.
- Experience work on communications and advocacy campaigns in a developing country context, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Intermediate proficiency in French, a plus.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
- Must be eligible work in the United States without sponsorship.
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*