Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Global Security Communications Center is responsible for emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, incoming call mitigation, event personnel activation and dispatching and event driven global notification services on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In an emergency situation, the GSCC directs and coordinates Disney enterprise assistance and support by providing technical and advisory assistance for the performance of essential operational services; the issuance of warnings of risks and hazards, dissemination of employee information, as well as being the central communication point for the enterprise.
A Day in the Life…
The GSCC Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience and build skills in the following areas:
- The collection of intelligence reporting and queries
- Writing standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Drafting communications to internal partners
- Data management and entry
- Gathering user requirements and day-to-day operations
- Support department projects
What we are looking for…
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of GIS systems
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively and take directions
- Ability to transition effectively between calm and active work conditions
- Must be willing to learn unfamiliar technical systems
- Sense of urgency in a 24/7 work environment for quick response to critical developing issues
- Interest in security—either security systems or global events
- Ability to work effectively in both calm and active work conditions
- Interest in security issues, security systems or global events
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Geo Spatial Studies, GIS, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
- Pursuing an master’s degree in ARCGIS, International Relations, Geo Spatial Studies, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January through May/June 2018
- Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 20-24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Burbank, CA area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*