Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin (TI-S), Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The External Stakeholders Engagement Team (ESE)’s mission is to work with colleagues at TI-S and the wider movement to lead on global communications and secure funding for Transparency International’s work. We sit at the centre of the organisation, having strong relationships with colleagues across the secretariat and the movement.
Main function: The Head of Resource Development leads on the development and implementation of TI’s fundraising strategies and approaches towards all donor segments, ensuring strategic oversight and quality control while leading on his/her own donor portfolio (e.g. core donors) and proposal types (e.g. consortia).
Starting date: As soon as possible
Work hours: Full time
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Team: External Stakeholders Engagement (ESE)
Job grade: IV
- Drive fundraising towards diversified and sustainable portfolio, setting and attain clear targets together with the fundraising team
- Lead on the development of overall TI fundraising strategy and its implementation
- Lead on and manage the relations and communication with core and specified institutional donors on behalf of TI-S and the wider movement (donor stewardship) and ensure a movement-wide coherent approach; prepare and facilitate donor interaction, and ensure follow-up
- Develop responses and action plans for reputational challenges and crises (including donor relations), and coordinate the external response via public statements, interviews, donor communication, etc.
- In consultation with ESE and other relevant teams, ensure decisions are made on fundraising priorities with respect to the TI strategy and the different opportunities available
- Facilitate internal consultation processes to ensure TI-S fundraises for its priorities and with the most promising products (projects, programmes, other deliverables)
- Manage core and select institutional grant reporting process to ensure reporting requirements, grant deliverables, and project milestones are met and communicated with funders in a timely manner
- Advise and assist TI colleagues in interpreting donor strategies, priorities and requirements, and translating these into strong project design and proposal development
- Develop fundraising training materials and provide regular and ad hoc fundraising support and training to TI-S colleagues and TI national chapters on specific donor opportunities and donor stewardship
- Support the exchange of learning and expertise within a community of fundraising practice across TI-S and the movement
- Coordinating with the team, prepare reports to management and to the board as needed
- Graduate university degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, marketing, business administration, international relations, or other relevant fields
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in resource development, at least 5 years at senior level
- Demonstrated track record of significant fundraising success, ideally in diversified markets
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of Transparency International and the field of anti-corruption
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge sharing and learning approaches and capacity development
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages such as Spanish, French, German and/or Arabic an advantage
- Extensive strategic leadership skills
- Extensive social and intercultural skills
- Willingness to travel
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*