The Global Pharmaceutical Services Desk Officer will be responsible for providing administrative assistance to the global pharmaceutical services team. Reporting to the Global Pharmaceutical Services Manager, the Desk Officer works in close collaboration with mission pharmaceutical teams, global logistics, operations and finance desks and technical unit advisors to effect a good management, development, supervision, and support of International Medical Corps’ Country Programs in delivering quality pharmaceutical services across the board. S/he will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a system for regular communication with International Medical Corps global Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management staff.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design, development, review, circulation and documentation of pharmaceutical management tools, guidelines, SOPs and manuals
- Participate in the preparation and reviewing of proposals as prepared by field mission teams, which includes editing and proofreading the pharmaceuticals section to support continuous quality improvement of pharmaceutical services and the medical supply chain in all IMC operations globally;
- Conduct literature reviews to determine the current best practice, standards and procedures for medical procurement, medical storage, distribution and drug management including rational prescribing and dispensing at health facilities;
- Manage timely and proper reports (internal, financial, donor, special and other) and their flow within and without International Medical Corps including review, analysis, and compliance with deadlines;
- Working under the supervision of the global pharmaceutical services manager, backstop the daily operations of the country pharmaceutical programs to ensure continuance through appropriate response to mission and program needs, and emerging issues as well as sharing of lessons learned, and best practices;
- Act as liaison for the global pharmaceutical services team with International Medical Corps internal departments, advocating for the needs of the pharmaceutical program within International Medical Corps;
- Develop, regularly review, maintain and update the Pharmaceutical Services internal web portal to make it more user friendly and functional for use by all other internal stakeholders and field mission staff.
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience and applicable experience in managing pharmaceutical or medical logistic supply chain programs and projects in the field. Or Master’s degree (e.g. Public Health, Social Work, International Relations, Business Administration, International Development, etc.) plus 1-2 years of relevant field experience in the pharmaceutical supply chain field required;
- Proven experience in working with Microsoft Office software, specially advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to write reports;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and field programs;
- Understanding of pharmaceutical/health/logistics and development concepts in developing countries;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent self-motivation skills;
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and the ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and constantly changing environment;
- Be flexible and possess the ability to cope in stressful situations;
- Be creative and possess the ability to work with limited resources;
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*