Banyan Global is seeking an Enterprise Development Specialist for the USAID-funded Honduras Transforming Market Systems Project. The project seeks to strengthen key market systems by improving the business enabling environment, promoting resilience, and strengthening targeted value chains resulting in private sector growth, increased incomes, and job creation.
- Building the capacity of Honduran business service advisory (BDS) firms in financial analysis, business planning, and general financial assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and agribusinesses;
- Supporting the development of firm business plans, cash/flow statements and other financial documents to secure short- and long-term financing;
- Designing and delivering business advisory and financial management training to agri-businesses and SMEs;
- Designing and implementing technical interventions to catalyze financing for SMEs and agri-businesses in Honduras;
- Supporting the development of strategies to incorporate disadvantaged, youth, and women-owned businesses into targeted value chains;
- Assisting in the organization of Business to Business (B2) meetings across the region to identify, screen and train agri-businesses on business and financial management.
- Supporting analytical research on topics related to enterprise development;
- Support project reporting, including the development of work plans, quarterly reports, and success stories.
- Five years of experience designing and implementing entrepreneurship development and SME support activities in Honduras;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field;
- Experience designing and implementing training on agribusiness and agri-finance development;
- Experience providing hands-on technical assistance to agri-businesses and SMEs to support financing (e.g., developing a business plan, cash/flow statements);
- Knowledge of and experience with SME financing, trade finance, and agricultural lending programs in Honduras;
- Fluency in Spanish and English is mandatory;
- Experience working with USAID;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*