Friendship Ambassadors Foundation is seeking a Communications professional to be part of a creative team responsible for developing and implementing communications and marketing efforts that support our project goals. A successful candidate will be a well-rounded communicator with strong aesthetic sense and impeccable social media and marketing skills. The position requires working in either or both of our offices located in Greenwich, CT and New York, NY. The position is offered on a project-basis until February 2018 with the possibility of extension.
The Communications and Media Associate will report directly to the Communications Specialist. This position will be responsible for maintaining a strong digital presence for the organization and our programs across multiple platforms, as well as creating interesting and informative content that excites and resonates with young audiences. He/she will also play a vital role in the development of communication materials and digital assets and help transform our strategic goals into dynamic and engaging visuals.
- Work closely with the Communications Specialist to develop and execute communication strategies for strengthening engagement and support from the Youth Assembly stakeholders and the international community.
- Create and distribute engaging content via email campaigns and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Draft or proofread press releases and other communication vehicles as needed
- Create graphics for social media, website, newsletters, and email campaigns
- Design, layout, or edit press kits, certificates, banners, flyers, booklet, signages, Powerpoint templates, and other conference materials
- Help maintain and update websites using Squarespace and WordPress
- Lead video content development and production
- Assist the Communications Specialist in handling media outreach and press inquiries
- Implement and evaluate effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Manage Facebook groups, while engaging and interacting with our social media community
- Identify avenues for media partnership to increase brand awareness for both the organization and the Youth Assembly at the United Nations
- Assist in executing communication activities on site during the Youth Assembly, including interviews, broadcasts, media activations, and documentation
- Assist the Youth Assembly team with other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience is required
- Background in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Film/Photography, or Graphic Design; International Relations major with interest in Communications are welcome
- Must be savvy in various social media platforms
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent phone and email etiquette
- Graphic design, photography, video editing experience preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, photo and video editing applications
- Familiarity of content management platforms, web developing tools, HootSuite, HTML, and CSS
- Must be living in the Greater New York City area
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas from start to finish
- Proactive and has a strong follow-through
- Has consistent work ethics with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Has creative approach to solving problems
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team
- Committed to maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Has global perspective and strong cultural awareness
- Has a good understanding of Friendship Ambassadors Foundation and the Youth Assembly at the United Nations, including knowledge of global current affairs and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Open until position is filled.
The successful candidate would be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Opportunities to work closely and build connections with people from notable organizations and other entities that are working towards global development
- Opportunities to attend public meetings or events at the United Nations on behalf of Friendship Ambassadors Foundation
Please send a cover letter to [email protected] with your resume and at least two (2) academic or professional references. A portfolio of relevant work (writing samples, photography, graphic design work, etc.) is required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*