The position will manage Lockheed Martin engagements within the US-based diplomatic community and international stakeholders in the Washington, DC, area for select Middle Eastern, African and European countries. The position will be responsible for international operations support to Lockheed Martin International, Corporate Headquarters, and all Lockheed Martin Business Areas. The position reports into the Lockheed Martin International VP of International Government Affairs, and will ensure communication, coordination, and collaboration between Middle East and Europe directors.
• Coordinate with the Lockheed Martin International Regional Executives/Chief Executives and field offices within the select countries to ensure collaboration between the Lockheed Martin Business Areas, domestic Government Affairs and corporate functions, as well as consistent actions and messaging.
• Lead coordination of executive regional international travel, including preparation and coordination of executive agendas, briefings and meeting arrangements for selected countries.
• Support international customer visits and engagements with Lockheed Martin executives.
• Manage executive engagement at tradeshows and conferences in the selected countries.
• Provide cultural, political and economic expertise to business area pursuits by serving as a member of capture teams for acquisition programs in the selected Middle Eastern and European countries.
• Assist Lockheed Martin International Chief Executives and Regional Executives in coordination of program pursuits identified in the selected countries. Ensure that Lockheed Martin International, Business Areas and domestic Government Affairs offices have regular interface and alignment to discuss regional priorities.
• Support international long range plan reviews and cross-corporate international business strategy and analysis.
• Provide information and documentation to Lockheed Martin activities in the U.S. and the selected countries.
• Maintain awareness of Lockheed Martin equities and interest in the selected countries by assessing the market and competitive landscape.
• Provide support to other regions, programs, and business area initiatives as required.
• Expertise in politics, business and culture of select countries within Europe, the Middle East and/or Africa.
• Keen understanding of strategic issues impacting the U.S. relationship with allies in the selected countries.
• Current understanding, or ability to develop understanding rapidly, of Business Area international pursuits and opportunities.
• Understanding both the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) & Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) acquisition processes for major defense programs. Familiarity with the USG interagency process, and country procurement processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Knowledgeable in business, political, economic, and international government affairs.
• Master's degree in business, international relations, a technical field, or related specialty.
• Past experience working directly with senior U.S. or foreign officials on European and/or Middle East/African countries’ security and defense issues.
• Close working relationships with embassy personnel from selected countries.
• International program and business experience
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Experience working overseas
• Language proficiency in Arabic and/or a European language.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*