The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision-makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to join the Membership Groups and special events office. Responsibilities include assisting office with engagement with the Board of Trustees and with individual donors in the Membership Groups program, organizing high-level policy events, and managing rental events with outside clients. The office is small and works closely together on multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The position is a great opportunity to contribute to the operations of a think tank on the cutting edge of the national security and foreign policy field. Incumbent will report to the Assistant Director and Senior Vice President of Membership Groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Membership Groups Office, including preparing Trustee and donor correspondence and maintaining program files, databases, and websites.
- Assist in the planning and execution of 10-12 high-level meetings annually, including developing meeting agendas, preparing invitations, assisting with meeting materials, managing event logistics, and staffing events during and outside of business hours.
- Help manage external events held at CSIS, including communicating with clients, coordinating logistics between clients and CSIS conference team, staffing those events both during and outside of business hours, and tracking event revenue and data.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Membership Groups.
- A. degree required.
- 1-2 years of previous administrative/office experience required.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to multitask, manage time well, and work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, editing, and customer service skills.
- Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, creative outlook, and ability to project a professional image to the public, donors, high-level CSIS guests, and clients.
- Must be able to work outside of business hours regularly to staff events.
- An interest in foreign policy and international relations is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience with Salesforce, MailChimp, EMS, Social Tables, and Microsoft Office Suite helpful.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter of interest and resume.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*