The General Delegation of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) to the United States is seeking a Community Affairs Intern for Spring 2018. Internships are available for undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates. This internship provides substantive experiences in a political environment where the intern will be exposed to a broad range of political issues, diplomatic advocacy projects, and the day-to-day operations of a foreign mission. Strong writing and communication skills and an interest in Middle Eastern affairs, specifically Palestine, are required.
• Work with the Public Affairs Department to oblize public outreach and mobilze support and partnerships for the mission of the PLO General Delegation to the US. This inlcudes on supporting a message of peace, justice, eqaulity, and the protection of Palestinian human rights.
• Assist the Public Affairs Department in planing multiple events for the
Palestinian American community and other groups in Washington;
• Attend and report on events in Washington on behalf of the Palestinian Delegation;
• Update a database of Palestinian American community members across the US;
• Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work under pressure in a stressful, fast-paced environment;
• Interest in Middle Eastern affairs, specifically Palestine;
• Excellent research and writing capabilities;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of Arabic is not a requirement but a plus;
• Full time applicants are preferred; part-time applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
The Community Relations and Outreach Intern will report directly to the Public
Affairs Officer, with duties assigned from other departments as relevant.
To apply for this position, please send your application materials (resume, statement of interest, and at least two references) to [email protected] as soon as possible.
Applications for Spring 2018 internships will be accepted on a rolling bases. Decisions will be made December 1, 2017. The position will begin the secod week of January 2018.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*