Tetra Tech International Development Services (IDS) is seeking a home office Law Enforcement Program Assistant (LEPA) to join the firm’s Security and Stabilization business unit based in Arlington, Virginia. The Security and Stabilization team assists governments, civil society organizations, and communities by implementing programs centered on peace building, stabilization and transitional justice, conflict mitigation and management, countering violent extremism (CVE), dispute resolution, and citizen security policies and practices in Africa and other developing regions around the world.
The LEPA is responsible for technical & functional program operations, maintenance and services at assigned Program management office location(s), engagement with the field office to coordinate program operations and ensure deliverables occur on time, within budget, and meet quality standards for the customer. The LEPA works closely with the Program Manager to develop, analyze, and strategize program goals and policy and procedures to ensure cost effective solutions are presented to INL while maintaining the efficiency to the program.
• Support overall technical, operational, contractual and financial management of projects
• Coordinate and manage field office operational staff from project start up through contract close out
• Drafting, reviewing and editing project reports
• Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and project work plans in accordance with client goals and contract requirements
• Participate on proposal teams in specific line roles including, but not limited to, past performance reviews, corporate capabilities, resume formatting, expatriate and local recruitment, coordinator, section writer, cost volume, and managing communications and agreements with potential and selected subcontractors
• Review subcontractor invoices and backup documentation; liaise closely with subcontractors on administrative and invoicing tasks and contractual management issues
• Schedule and lead meetings as appropriate, prepare meeting agendas, capture and share notes, and track project communications.
• Review, approve, and input Purchase Requests
• Coordinate with travel administrator on outstanding requests from the field
• Develop, track and review all program deliverables
• Coordinate Requests for Information with field teams and assist in drafting responses for INL
• Support business development efforts for the business unit as necessary
• Travel internationally as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Security, Government, Economics, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience, Master’s degree preferred. Relevant extensive experience (10 years +) in lieu of a degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
• Experience in, or supporting, law enforcement and/or security issues in the developing world
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Proven ability to take the initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
• Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization
• Excellent intercultural communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
• Fluent in English (Haitian Creole or French preferred)
• Experience working in the criminal justice field
• Writing business proposals (preferred)
• Experience working for or on behalf of US Department of State, Department of Justice, or other related government agency or international organization desired.
• Knowledge of DoS / USAID regulations (FAR and AIDAR) especially as they relate to contracting and procurement
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*