We are looking for an experienced Control Room Director who will be responsible for the execution of live and pre-recorded studio productions, predominately Russian language broadcasts, in RFE/RLs Prague studios. The director will lead the studio crew, producers and talent to execute live multi-camera news and discussion programs. The Director is responsible for maintaining the editorial integrity of the broadcast, and insuring the studio crew execute the program to high production standards.
- Directs newscasts, discussion programs and live events in the television studio control room.
- Leads the studio crew to ensure high quality production standards are met.
- Ensures the editorial integrity of the broadcasts.
- Maintains good customer relations with producers and content providers; ensures timely delivery of recorded material to clients.
- Works with producers in the development of new shows.
- Trains and mentors other operations staff moving towards Control Room Directing.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- 2-3 years of experience directing live, multi-camera, News television programs.
- Experience working in a live TV control room as video switcher operator.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to act under pressure and maintain control and consistency in moments of high pressure.
- Ability to lead, and make quick decisions.
- Knowledge of studio broadcast technologies, including control room automation.
- Ability to direct in a tradition control room and under automation.
- Knowledge of global current affairs, and in particular Russia, Ukraine and Central Asia.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Russian language (Proficient), preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a competitive salary, a chance to work in a multinational environment in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, and a benefits package that includes relocation, paid housing, medical coverage, an attractive retirement savings package, home leave benefits for expatriates, visa support, and tuition for dependent children.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*