The European People´s Party is the largest political party at European level, with 77 member parties from 41 countries and the largest Group in the European Parliament. A staff of 25 people from all over Europe works in the EPP headquarters in Brussels, creating a truly European work environment.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Daily press review;
- Permanent news monitoring;
- Managing media rapid reactions;
- Assist in designing and implementing communication strategies;
- Recommending media activities;
- Drafting EPP press releases;
- Social media management;
- Preparation of EPP Summits, Political Assemblies, Congresses and other events;
- Assist in administrative duties;
- Build and update media lists and databases;
- Schedule, organize and coordinate various press events.
- University degree;
- Knowledge and interaction with international media;
- Understanding of international politics and political parties of the centre-right;
- Fundamental understanding of the European institutions;
- Journalistic experience;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to plan his/her own work, work on his/her own initiative and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Tact and discretion;
- Ability to work in a team and travel outside Brussels, when needed;
- Reliability and honesty.
The person we are looking for should have at least 3 years of working experience in press or communication related to European politics and should be fluent in both English and Spanish. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Applications should be sent by email by 24 November 2017 to the European People´s Party, to the attention of Pilar Santamaría.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*