The Office Manager/Coordinator will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of
the Total Washington D.C. Representative office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide
range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible,
and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office. This individual must be able to
function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision.
This position requires frequent communication and coordination with corporate headquarters in Paris, Total
staff in the D.C. office, Total USA in Houston as well as external stakeholders in Washington D.C.
• Provide general administrative support to the D.C. office: maintain and order office supplies,
provide visitor and telephone reception, mail distribution, FedEx and courier services and
organization of office catering needs;
• Assist office personnel in meeting preparation, presentations, events, and other forms of
administrative support as needed;
• Ability to identify and engage with D.C. stakeholders and schedule appointments
• Interface with senior Total executives, U.S. government officials, and the Washington D.C.-
based diplomatic community;
• Liaise with building management on various services; oversee and coordinate service for all
mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues with building staff;
• Liaise with Houston-based support services for Accounts Payable, HR administration and IT
• Maintain office space and perform regular checks to ensure that all common areas are stocked;
• Manage conference room activities/reservations which includes being aware of meeting start/end
times, attendees in room, food and beverage orders, etc. and advising appropriate staff members of
changes in meeting room status, special requests, etc.;
• Administer the travel program which includes reporting, assisting employees in maintaining their
travel profiles, and organizing travel for D.C. staff members as well as for their guests.
Minimum ten years of experience in providing broad administrative support in an office
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required;
• French language proficiency preferred;
• Strong organizational capacities;
• High-level of discretion managing proprietary and sensitive information;
• Customer service mentality with strong sense of individual initiative;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Presents a high degree of maturity and integrity;
• Adaptable, flexible problem-solver.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.