Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor the operational activities under the AICHR’s Five-Year Work Plans:
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and monitor strategic initiatives, programmes, projects and activities of the AICHR, in consultation with the Head of Division and the Director of the Directorate;
- Provide supervision and coaching to junior officers to ensure timely and quality output and deliverables in the concerned sectors;
- Initiate, coordinate and provide project management development and support for AICHR projects and programmes, including liaison and project coordination with project proponents/ASEAN Member States, ASEAN Dialogue Partners, other external parties/partners, and ASEAN Secretariat divisions;
- Manage relations and information flow with ASEAN Member States, ASEAN Dialogue Partners, other external parties/partners, and relevant Divisions within the ASEAN Secretariat, including preparation and submission of input and reports, drafting of speeches and briefing notes/talking points;
- Prepare reports of meetings, projects, and discussion papers. Prepare information materials and publications for public dissemination through the ASEAN Websites and other means in consultation with the relevant Divisions to raise the profile of the AICHR.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations:
- Provide technical advice and recommendations in the conceptualization and management of initiatives, programs, projects and activities on human rights. This will include operational support including preparation and tabling of concept papers and proposals, and in the provision of advice and recommendations to the AICHR;
- Provide input to other Divisions of the ASEAN Secretariat, particularly on cross‐sectoral issues related to human rights;
- Ensure timely submission of inputs to the monitoring matrix of the ASEAN PoliticalSecurity Blueprints;
- Coordinate with the relevant Divisions/Desk Officers on project development, processes and on cross-sectoral issues including the Programme Cooperation and Project Management Division;
- Ensure that financial rules and regulations are adhered to and respected
- Attend and summarise meetings with external partners;
- Any other matters as directed by the Division or Directorate.
- Service the relevant bodies/organs under the ASEAN structure:
- Represent the ASEAN Secretariat and serve as resource person at Meetings of relevant ASEAN Sectoral Bodies as well as meetings of other organizations under purview (e.g. as a speaker, facilitator or moderator);
- Support and contribute to the meetings of relevant ASEAN bodies by ensuring efficient and effective development and production of documents, such as meeting agenda, information and discussion papers, concept papers, project proposals and other communication materials, as well as prepare meeting reports of AICHR or working group level meetings and workshops, as requested;
- Provide support for the attendance of ASEAN Secretary‐General/Deputy SecretaryGeneral at meetings/events organized by ASEAN, other international organizations, or Dialogue Partners, which include drafting talking points, briefing notes or speeches that cover/carry some policy recommendations or regional responses to issues raised;
- Coordinate and implement the follow‐up actions to decisions and agreements made at ASEAN Meetings;
- Attend and summarise meeting reports of the CPR and CPR-Working Group meetings under relevant agendas;
- Ensure that the Division is adequately represented at internal or external meetings with the provision of necessary documents, talking points and briefing notes.
- Postgraduate Degree or its equivalent in Public Administration, Human Rights, Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations, Project Management, or other appropriate disciplines;
- A minimum six (6) years high‐level experience in a relevant field, particularly related to programme management in an intergovernmental institution, international organization or international consulting firm. Program development experience in human rights is desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language, including significant experience in drafting and summarizing reports, writing concept papers, talking points, speeches and project proposals, and in moderating discussions and delivering presentations;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, planning and the development of policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and work effectively with people from various cultural backgrounds at all levels of the organisation and international settings;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct both formal and on the job training, and foster the career development goals of staff;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices;
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel and Outlook;
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*