The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
In 2006, the United Nations Foundation created Nothing But Nets, which has become the world’s largest grassroots campaign fighting malaria, a disease which claims the life of a child every two minutes. Since then, Nothing But Nets has raised $60 million to help deliver nearly 10 million bed nets to families in need. The campaign also raises awareness worldwide, inspiring hundreds of thousands of people to help achieve the UN’s and the global health community's goal of ending malaria in this generation.
The Nothing But Nets Development Intern will report to the Senior Campaign Associate, Partnerships and Development.
- Learn to assist in research on malaria-related news, prospective partners and donors using Raiser’s Edge, Sales Force, Wealth Engine and other tools;
- Support the Development Team with donor relations and communications;
- Support the Nothing But Nets team by preparing materials for meetings and events such as graphs, charts, presentations and memos for donors and prospects;
- Learn about the Nothing But Nets team and other partners by attending Team and Development meetings
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
- Candidate is ideally expected to work full-time, though we are able to accommodate students’ schedules as needed.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – while also contributing to a strong team environment.
- Fast learner with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Interest in the United Nations, International Affairs, and/or the non-profit sector highly preferred.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*