The Producer,General Assignment will produce foreign news related segments for PBS NewsHour broadcast and website and participate in senior strategic planning for all foreign coverage. The Producer, General Assignment will work closely with other members of the Foreign team and the rest of the staff on foreign coverage.
- Offer coverage ideas during editorial planning meetings and participate in strategic planning of foreign coverage.
- Propose, develop, produce and write stories for both on-air and online that relate to ongoing developments in foreign news.
- Work with and mentor junior producers and Production Assistants.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Experience producing network quality stories, for day of air and longer form features.
- Experience covering foreign affairs for major television, web or newspaper.
- Experience with shooting and editing on Avid, Final Cut, or Adobe preferred.
- Experience contributing text and video content to digital publication and social media.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced newsroom setting and to adjust smoothly to changing assignments under deadline pressure.
- Excellent oral and demonstrated writing skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, project planning and time management skills. Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4 years’ experience in broadcast and/or digital journalism, to include high quality video production.
- Experience covering foreign affairs for a major publication, digital or television outlet.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*