The College of Professional Studies at Northeastern University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Assistant Teaching Professor for the Master of Science in Global Studies and International Relations Program (MS GSIR). The position in based at our Boston campus, and courses are offered in both online and blended formats. This is a scholar-practitioner program that integrates theory with practice, prepares graduates with the skills and intellectual acumen to be effective, to question systemic norms, and to anticipate and shape a more equitable, globally connected society.
This full-time faculty member is expected to bring her/his intellectual and creative capacity to grow enrollments and promote the program in our regional campus in Seattle, WA. Working closely with the faculty lead for the program, the candidate will seek to serve learners by participating in a range of teaching and non-teaching activities that support the advancement of the program. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in conflict resolution. The teaching load is spread across four quarter terms. In addition, full time faculty members are expected to engage in service activities and work with the program office on administrative issues and programmatic projects. Course instruction will focus on core courses, such as Globalization and Global Politics and Economics and Peace and Conflict. Academic expertise and professional experience in one of the following curricular concentrations is required: Conflict Resolution or Global Development and Health. Substantial real-world professional experience, preferably in an international context, is strongly preferred. Actual course load may vary with other responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching, developing course content and materials, and working with student advising.
• Participating in the development of curriculum and program evaluation.
• Recruiting and mentoring part time faculty.
• Making recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, equipment, and textbooks.
• Sharing course materials and insights with other faculty members.
• Participating in program and faculty committee meetings, as applicable and needed.
• Serving on committees that support the mission of the program and the vision of the College and the wider University.
• Keeping current in the discipline and in contact with industry regarding appropriateness of course/program content.
• Participating in faculty recruitment and mentoring.
• Supporting admissions and recruitment efforts.
Occasional travel may be required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate outstanding teaching competence (both on-ground and online) with substantial, real-world professional experience in the field of Conflict Resolution or Global Development and Health. Proven success in working with international students is highly desired. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of the latest trends in Global Studies and International Relations, as evidenced by active involvement in professional associations and networks, published work, presentations at conferences, and years in the field.
Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Global Studies and International Relations, or a related field. The position requires teaching evening courses on the Northeastern University Boston campus, proficiency teaching non-traditional learners, educational technology, or teaching & learning content, and a strong record of teaching excellence that includes on-line instruction and innovative use of instructional technology.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
• S/he has an earned doctorate from an accredited institution in the field of Global Studies and International Relations
• S/he should have 10+ years professional experience in the field of GSIR, with an area of focus in Conflict Resolution or Global Development and Health.
• S/he should have experience teaching at the master’s level and teaching in an online environment
• S/he should demonstrate a dedication to continued improvement as an educator
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org