Metrics for Management is a global health nonprofit. We help health program managers in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) easily and routinely check whether they’re meeting their service goals by providing simple, valid measures and tools. To do this, we develop easy-to-implement, easy-to-understand, real-time performance metrics to help health providers and organizations assess and improve the performance of their own program, institution, facility, or district. Our metrics are used around the world.
We also provide in-country technical assistance to improve or refine an organization’s performance and to help implementers apply, adapt, and develop metrics to meet their needs.
Please visit our website at www.m4mgmt.org to learn more about our work.
Metrics for Management seeks an experienced, full-time Communications Manager to develop and execute an organization-wide communications strategy. The position is deal for someone ready to take the next leadership step in their career and who is excited to work with a small, smart, agile team to help us build our global name recognition, partnerships, and donor base.
The Communications Manager will promote our individual metrics to targeted audiences, create and implement overall branding initiatives, and identify and lead external communications activities that feature Metrics for Management’s projects and technical assistance services.
The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Communications Manager’s roles include:
- Drive Metrics for Management’s communication strategy and message development, pitch, and announcement strategies with a focus on the metrics, research, and partnership development.
- Develop and implement strong communications and advocacy packages for diverse audiences including collaborators, potential new partners, government, the private sector, civil society, and the general global health community to increase knowledge about Metrics for Management’s work and overall brand awareness.
- Produce attractive, scientifically accurate, and professional materials.
- Identify high visibility communications outlets and write compelling content for newsletters, blog posts, press releases, Metrics for Management’s website, and quarterly Board of Directors updates.
- Proactively monitor and maintain Metrics for Management’s social media channels with news copy and digital content, delivered in the right tone and aligned with key international events/news, as well as with Metrics or Management projects and events.
- Create, deliver, and evaluate the success of communications campaigns.
- Identify and support conference, webinar, networking, and presentation opportunities.
- Coordinate domestic and international project events and meeting logistics including annual Board of Directors meeting and other collaborator and project-related meetings. Attend and provide on-site management for all meetings, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Communications; Public Relations; Journalism; International Affairs; or other related subject. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively increasing communications management responsibility, event planning, and event logistics management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to take full ownership of a project and develop creative methods to increase brand recognition and overall strategic communications.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills in English.
- Experience creating content for and managing a website in WordPress.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team and to develop and implement innovative strategies to reach target audiences.
- Significant attention to detail and excellent organizational skills; ability to hold self and others to high standards.
- Ability to work and deliver high quality products in a fast-paced, flexible job environment and to handle multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
- Understanding of the field of global health and major organizations and funders working in this field paired with enthusiasm for data for social good and the ability to translate Metrics for Management’s work into relevant communications products.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
To apply, submit
1. Cover letter
3. Contact information for three references
Send all materials to Andrea Sprockett ([email protected]) with the subject line “Communications Manager”.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org