EuropeanIssuers is looking for a full-time intern to join its Brussels-based team for 6 months. The successful candidate will be assisting in policy work of the association.
Main duties and responsibilities
Policy & research (40%)
- Monitoring legislation via official EU websites, RSS feeds, news, etc.;
- Updating Policy Scorecard giving an overview of all relevant EU legislation;
- Attending conferences, meetings and other events and reporting back on behalf of EI.
Communication & Management of internal groups (40%)
- Assisting Senior Policy Adviser with organisation of Committees and Working Groups of members, including drafting minutes;
- Drafting newsflashes/website alerts to members and uploading on EI website;
- Updating the policy sections of website (policy topics, committees, WGs, external representation);
- Updating contact details in policy distribution lists & databases.
Assisting with other activities on request (20%)
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirement
- Good communication skills: proficient knowledge of English both speaking, and writing is essential;
- General knowledge of EU institutions and legislative processes and interest in EU politics is a must;
- Good research skills and attention to detail;
- Interest in capital markets and companies’ ability to access market finance;
- Good IT skills;
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with a focus on political/European studies (we particularly welcome applicants via the Erasmus or Leonardo da Vinci programmes);
- Available to start in the week of 26th February 2018.
Please apply in English with CV and cover email to Aleksandra Palinska, Senior Policy Adviser, EuropeanIssuers by 22 January 2018 close of business. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org