Global Affairs at the University of Connecticut seeks a Communications & Outreach Coordinator to provide support to its Global Partnerships & Outreach unit. Under the direction of the Director of Global Partnerships & Outreach, the incumbent will be required to develop and maintain international contracts, promotional materials and websites, as well as assist in planning and carrying out various informational and outreach activities. Incumbents are expected to resolve a wide variety of problems within moderate guidelines and are expected to periodically resolve new, unusual or difficult problems, which require judgment and initiative.
Who We Are. A fast-paced forward looking operation, working with partners around the globe, and facilitating connections with UConn faculty and students.
What We Are Looking For. A creative, computer savvy and detail-oriented individual with a penchant for writing who can juggle multiple priorities and manage his/her time effectively
Who You Are. A resourceful imaginative thinker, who can write clearly and effectively, while keeping an eye on the details. You know that there is no detail too small to fact-check. You can work independently, and are adaptable to changing priorities. You can discern when processes and procedures take precedence over creativity, and recognize when complying with rules and regulations are necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
International Partnerships and Agreements:
- Assist with drafting partnership agreements, processing paperwork and/or records; reviewing for accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, policies and procedures; liaise with other University offices as needed.
- Confer with and assist supervisor in global partnership administration and recordkeeping, including but not limited to data management pertaining to global partner relationships.
- Maintain global partnership database—includes entering contracts and agreements, UConn activities with partners, and institutional contacts.
- Serve as a resource to the University community on matters relating to global partnership agreements and activities, including administrative policies/procedures; for special initiatives, such as Cuba, help faculty navigate through visa, risk, and on ground support.
- Prepare narrative and informational reports and briefings, as needed or requested; compile and organize information requiring the understanding and evaluation of data sources; may include compiling data, conducting surveys, special projects or extensive reports. Create graphical representations of data using pivot tables and charts in Excel.
Outreach and Communications:
- Designs, schedules and produces brochures, posters, advertising flyers, annual reports and other informational or promotional materials; prepares designs for production, including layouts; reviews and corrects proofs; ensure overall quality of communications and alignment with UConn Global Affairs’ mission and the University of Connecticut’s brand standards.
- Write copy for press releases, remarks, feature articles (in story-telling style), informational listings and other publicity materials; create and distribute quarterly newsletters and e-newsletters, including assisting with collecting, writing, and editing of stories and content from faculty, students and staff; compose and/or edit routine correspondence and other documents for supervisor’s review and/or signature.
- Assist director in creating Global Affairs communication templates.
- Regularly update multiple websites, event calendars and social media accounts managed by Global Affairs.
- Coordinate meeting schedules, tours, and travel logistics for international visitors.
- As assigned, assists in planning and carrying out related support activities, such as meetings, conferences, interviews; makes all necessary arrangements, including travel and coordinating logistical details.
- May be assigned responsibilities for other departmental services or projects, which may be on-going or short-term, and which require planning, coordination, supervision and resolution of complaints or problems; such assignments are necessary to the work of the unit and may require specialized knowledge such as knowledge of regulations and laws governing a public facility, knowledge of a particular clientele, etc.
- Recruits, trains, organizes and supervises student workers and/or volunteers as necessary to carry out promotional/informational activities or other departmental needs.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in an academic discipline relevant to Global Affairs (e.g. international relations, political science, journalism, public relations, international law, global studies, geography, etc.).
- Three to five years related experience, which demonstrates considerable knowledge of administrative methods and subject areas.
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide significant program support.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding a wide variety of administrative matters.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and administrative skills with dedication to accuracy and detail in the creation of high quality materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including a mastery of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and experience working with content management systems (e.g. WordPress), publishing software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator) and photo editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, GIMP).
- Master’s degree in journalism, international relations, communications, marketing or related field.
- Professional experience related to communications, relationship management and contracts.
- Experience with writing in a story-telling style, designing graphics and/or photography.
- Experience with IBM Forms, relational databases or CRMs (e.g. SalesForce, Blackbaud).
- Genuine interest in global affairs and higher education.
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Competence in relating with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org