UC Davis is one of the nation’s top public research universities and an integral part of the world’s pre-eminent public university system. It is one of 62 North American universities admitted into the prestigious Association of American Universities. The University is among the top ten public universities in the country, with number one rankings in the world for the study of veterinary medicine, tops in the country for agriculture and forestry, and strong programs in many other areas. Established in 1960, UC Davis Extension is the continuing and professional education arm of the University. UC Davis Extension is an internationally-recognized leader in educational outreach for individuals, organizations, and communities. Last year, UC Davis Extension served students in all 58 California counties, all 50 States, and more than 100 countries, presenting more than 3,000 courses and generating nearly 60,000 enrollments.
The Associate Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of UC Davis Extension’s Center for International Education. The Associate Dean provides leadership oversight for a portfolio of existing programs, including the Global Study Program, the UC Davis Summer Start Program, English Language Programs, International Professional Programs, and International Enterprise. The Associate Dean is also charged with the responsibility for creating new programs to ensure that the Center is nimbly responsive to nuances and developments in international education and is financially secure. International travel is expected with this position. The Associate Dean also serves at the Dean’s request on the Management Council, the senior management team that advises the Dean on academic and policy issues. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting other divisional leaders with identifying and pursuing international opportunities for their portfolios. This position is responsible for creating the vision and implementation strategy for new and existing international education programs in partnership with campus units and international universities and organizations. The Associate Dean works with the University’s academic and administrative leadership to design programs of the highest academic quality that contribute to the global, academic mission of UC Davis. The Associate Dean leads and manages a large complete team.
• Master’s degree or above
• In-depth experience in and knowledge of the international education market implementing international programs across a broad disciplinary spectrum.
• Proven record of entrepreneurial success envisioning and creating new international programs.
• Outstanding ability and a record of success leading and managing a large, multifaceted organization.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and intercultural communications skills.
• History of creating and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and a diverse range of campus constituents as well as business and government agencies through collaborative processes and negotiation.
• Demonstrated success in travelling to market programs to international universities and other entities through personally established networks.
• Demonstrated record of being a collaborative team player with a proven ability to initiate and deal successfully with change.
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing budgets with responsibility for financial performance.
• Strong organizational, decision-making and strategic planning skills.
• Terminal degree in Education, Business, International Relations or other related field.
• Senior level administrative experience in a continuing education environment.
• Experience developing international online programs.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org