The Cyber Threat Analyst will work within the Threat Analysis Branch (TAB) of the Cyber Threat Analysis Division (CTAD) at the Department of State Bureau of Diplomatic Security. TAB provides written and oral briefings to other Department stakeholders and community partners. The analyst will work as part of a team to identify potential and actual cyber threats to the Department. The incumbent continually liaises with law enforcement and intelligence entities, foreign partners, and others, to exchange and share information.
- Candidate must possess substantive knowledge in threat and/or intelligence analysis, with some knowledge of cyber threats, have proven expert written and oral communication skills to include experience with executive-level briefings, and recent or current experience with geopolitical events in the Asia Pacific region
- 2+ years of analytical and technical writing experience (applicable education or training may be counted toward this total)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences.
- Prior military, Department of State or intelligence community experience and/or formal analytic training/certification
- Experience with All Source production and Fusion Analysis, knowledge of cyber/technical intelligence
- Experience writing contract deliverables such as Trend Analysis reports, Quarterly Status Reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred in International Affairs or Studies, Security Policy, Political Science or Intelligence disciplines
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org