At CIVICUS our focus is simple: to strengthen civil society and citizen action around the world. Our global alliance of activists and organisations in 175 countries is inspired by our vision of a global community engaged in confronting the challenges facing humanity. We work to together for a more just, inclusive and sustainable world.
WHAT WE DO:
· Defend civic freedoms and democratic values.
· Strengthen the power of people to organise, mobilise and take action.
· Empower a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society.
HOW WE DO THIS:
· Build solidarity among civil society across borders and at scale
· Support civil society to connect with others
· Produce timely and world-class knowledge and analysis
· Advocate for open spaces and systemic change
· Amplify voices of those not usually included
· Promote the resourcing of a diverse and resilient civil society
· Innovate and incubate bold initiatives
· Promote, model and disseminate civil society best practice
ABOUT THE POSITION:
· Development and implementation of a targeted network engagement strategy that reflects our values and principles
· Cross-organisational coordination that enhances our learning and effectiveness in building a vibrant and diverse global alliance
· Strategic oversight of our sustainable development workstreams to enhance our collective impact
· Capacity development of the secretariat and alliance in network engagement tools and approaches
· Master’s Degree in International Relations, International Development, Social Sciences, or similar.
· Demonstrated track record in global/member-based network;
· Experience in multiple global contexts and ability to understand diverse realities/needs of disparate actors;
· Proven experience in coalition building across sectors, geographies, thematic interests;
· Success in designing, fundraising and implementing global initiatives through co-creation/delivery processes;
· Applied knowledge of network development approaches and methodologies;
· Familiarity with sustainable development and multi-stakeholder engagement initiatives;
· Demonstrated and successful management of at least 1-2 subordinates;
· Applied budget development and monitoring as well as expense control experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Familiarity with CRM databases and applications for network development;
· Software literacy, including high degree of comfort with web-based apps, social media platforms, project management and innovation tools;
· Understanding of project management principles and application, with particular focus on budget management and programme monitoring;
· Knowledge of proposal development and donor reporting procedures;
· Ability to interact with vast range of constituents (i.e. peers, colleagues, members, donors,
partners), and to represent CIVICUS at a high level;
· Understanding of network theory and development; and
· Fluency in English and another UN language essential.
· Confident self-starter, requiring minimal supervision with sharp focus on immediate deliverables, while keeping sight of the bigger picture;
· Organized, deadline driven, and able to manage multiple strands of activity in a timely fashion;
· Superb people skills, with excellent interpersonal communication capabilities in multi-cultural environments;
· Ability to have honest, direct conversations to win people over and to help peers and colleagues be inspired and learn;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent conflict management skills; similarly, excellent conflict prevention skills;
· Creative problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in facilitating progress;
· Demonstrated commitment to civil society strengthening.
Submit a motivational letter (inlclude salary history/expectation) and detailed CV with contact details of three current referees by 18th February 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org