The Dean of Continuing and Global Education is an Administrator IV position within the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the University President. The Dean reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, and provides leadership in the administration of the University's extended education division. The Dean leads continuing education self-support initiatives and oversees a multi-site, multi-discipline array of programming. The Dean collaborates with campus and community constituents to develop, implement, and enhance programs that meet the needs of students who otherwise would not be served by the university. The Dean oversees the campus' international programs, including international admissions and initiatives of the Senior International Officer. Through cooperative partnerships, the Dean is a key connection to the community, as the Division provides opportunities for educational enrichment to non-traditional students in both academic programs and non-credit workforce development. The Dean oversees budget development, revenue collection, and disbursement and allocation of self-support continuing education funds.
The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive benefits package which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 12+ paid holidays; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Major Duties of the job include:
- Oversee and administer all self-support programmatic operations of continuing education programs offered at Fresno State, including special session and extension credit and non-credit courses, degree programs, certificates, and contract offerings.
- Collaborate with faculty, chairs, and deans to develop, enhance, and enrich self-support programs.
- Appoint and remunerate faculty in compliance with published CSU salary schedules.
- Engage the community with initiatives through Extended Education.
- Contract with individuals for non-credit course offerings.
- Advertise and promote program offerings.
- Supervise and administer Fresno State's Downtown Center.
- Develop meaningful community partnerships to provide career development opportunities.
- Receive and handle Category V student fees in compliance with all CSU and campus regulations.
- Administer Open University and ensure compliance with campus and system policies.
- Assure proper recording of academic credit for all credit-bearing Extended Education courses and programs.
- Provide administrative oversight of The American English Institute and The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
- Manage and comply with university reimbursable cost-allocation, self-support course scheduling, and use of university facilities.
- Ensure that all Division programs operate in compliance with applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements for faculty and staff employees. Comply with all CSU Executive Orders and university policies and procedures relevant to Extended Education and international programs.
- Comply with the CSU pro-rata charges and state financial obligations.
- Maintain appropriate accounts and fund balances to optimize economic opportunities and overcome economic uncertainty.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for International Affairs, develop and implement campus strategy for internationalization.
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Promote professional growth, development of team work, and ethics.
- Consult with relevant regulatory bodies and campus groups and recommend changes to policies as they relate to the academic programs of the Division.
- In conjunction with the campus Deans, monitor academic programs for alignment with the university, mission, strategic plan, student demand, and community needs.
- In conjunction with the Associate Vice President, assist with the coordination and stewarding of Division development activities, including identification of Division priorities and cultivation of potential donors.
- Serve on the Provost's Leadership Team, Dean's Council, and other committees to provide leadership on a wide-variety of campus initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org