The EastWest Institute (EWI) is a fiercely independent international policy organization founded in 1980 to help prevent conflict and promote international cooperation in solving seemingly intractable peace and security issues. EWI is known for its record of accomplishments, action bias and results-driven mandate, as well as for its commitment to facilitating cooperation between developing and developed nations.
Basic Purpose and Function:
Under the supervision of the VP, Development the Coordinator, Events is responsible for planning, coordinating, and/or supporting important EWI events, including Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, the Annual Gala, and other programmatic events.
• BA degree, MA preferred;
• 4 – 7 years of experience, specifically with events planning and management / day to day development operations;
• Not for profit / fundraising / events experience required;
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and attentive to deadlines;
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Microsoft office, Excel PowerPoint proficiency
• The ability to deal with a high level of pressure and to handle multiple tasks at a time;
• Experience with Salesforce database;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different levels of EWI management and staff worldwide;
• Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in an international environment;
• Proactive, able to work without close supervision;
• Enthusiastic, positive attitude, creative;
• Attention to detail a must
• Ability to travel domestic and international.
The EWI hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org