A. Overall Purpose of the Job
The Coordinating Security Specialist (CSS) is a versatile role providing basic assessment, advice, coordination and monitoring support to clients as part of a 24-7 regional security operations capability.
The CSS is responsible for the day to day delivery of high-quality travel security assessments and advice to travelers, international assignees and corporate travel risk managers, as well as specific support to the aviation industry. The CSS will provide travel security advice to clients and will support client and support situational awareness by scanning for, reporting and escalating developing travel security and aviation security issues.
The CSS reports to the Regional Security Operations Manager and the Regional Security Information Manager.
B. Key Responsibilities
- Delivery of best-in-class bespoke verbal and written travel and aviation security assessments to challenging multinational client base operating in complex countries
- Collect, analyse, and disseminate security or disruption issues affecting business travellers and the aviation industry in line with guidance from regional and functional analysts, including monitoring key crisis escalation indicators
- Maintain continuous awareness of the regional and aviation security environment through detailed research in line with regional and industry priorities
- Set up, coordinate and monitor clients travelling in complex working environments client using innovative technology
- Support to security consultancy tasks as required
- As required, conduct travel to priority countries to assess current situation, and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
- Build thorough understanding of all current events affecting regional / global business travel and the aviation industry and learn the approach to providing written and verbal advice and briefs to clients.
- To become fully conversant with and follow all work-related systems and procedures.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Interest in international affairs and the global security environment.
- Knowledge of the political and security issues in particular regions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain complex situations to non-expert audiences
- Interpersonal skills
- International experience (work and personal)
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other applications.
- Willingness to work outside of normal duty hours, in support of team operations, particularly in time of crisis or emergency
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and demonstrated intercultural understanding.
- Presenting & Communicating Information, both written and verbal.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Well organized proactive individual with demonstrated ability to work to deadlines, with excellent attention to detail.
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Following Instructions & Procedures
- Coping with Pressure & Setbacks.
Desirable Work Experience
- Proven experience in travel- or security-related field, such as military, government, NGO, or journalism; or relevant academic studies
- Experience in the aviation sector
- Experience in writing for senior management and business decision-makers
- Customer service/ client facing experience including sales
Additional Critical Qualities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn and adapt to new procedures and operating protocols
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with colleagues from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to maintain high professional standards at all times
- Degree-level qualification in politics, international relations or related subject, or equivalent work experience.
- Post-graduate qualification in politics, international relations or related subject or equivalent work experience desirable.
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Effective operational proficiency or advanced proficiency in another regional language
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Flexible working hours and shift work.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org