Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring of European Union (EU) Policies and Programmes related to Research & Innovation, Education, Culture and other areas of interest of the members of the European Office of Cyprus;
- Being aware of how EU institutions, and especially the Directorates-General of the European Commission, work and take decisions, in line with the areas and policies of interest of the members of the European Office of Cyprus;
- Collecting and conducting analysis, providing high quality information to the members of the organisation and submitting relevant reports, studies, notes and recommendations;
- Developing contacts with Officials in key-positions both in the European Commission and in the European Parliament and with other Brussels-based organisations so as to provide timely intelligence on EU policies and programmes managed by the various EU institutions;
- Being in constant contact with the offices of the European Office of Cyprus in Nicosia and Athens and coordinating with them in terms of transferring information or finding possible partnerships that could be developed both by the European Office of Cyprus and its members;
- Creating links with other Brussels-based organisations or representations in order to promote members projects and create partnerships;
- Participating in thematic networks in Brussels and their working groups with the aim of exchanging information and experiences;
- Organising/participating in brokerage & matchmaking events and other events to support the development of transnational projects.
- Performing any other necessary tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English language;
- University degree and Postgraduate University diploma or degree in at least one of the following subjects or a combination of them: European/International Studies, Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, Legal, Social, Political and Economic Sciences;
- At least three years of postgraduate experience (internships will not be considered);
- Ability to process large amounts of information and present it in a concise manner quickly and accurately;
- Excellent Communication Skills;
- Integrity, organisational and administrative skills, initiative, decision making skills, analytical thinking and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent Computer Skills.
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Experience in preparing Project Proposals and managing European Projects;
- Previous work experience in EU Institutions or other Brussels-based agencies or representations;
- Good knowledge of French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org