Saint Charles,Missouri,United States WASVP5
The Program Manager for International New Business is responsible for the successful global marketing of JDAM, SDB, Harpoon, SLAM ER and derivative products. The Program manager leads multiple campaigns and initiatives, while working closely with a team of peers to cover all global business opportunities for Boeing’s weapon export business.
The Program Manager is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the weapons team has the right product offered to the global market at the right time and at a price that is both executable and meets customer budget constraints.
- Maintain direct interface with domestic and international customers and helps the team in maintaining relationships and communication with US and international government agencies, shipyards, suppliers, consultants and trading companies.
- Lead the team in working collaboratively with business development and Boeing International counterparts to ensure our collective success globally.
- Responsible for understanding customer requirements, program vision and establishing and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
The Program Manager for International New Business will work directly with the core weapon programs, program development teams, and production teams to create business strategies and assist with timely and efficient program execution.
- The leader works closely with the Boeing Weapons international execution team and program elements to ensure we maintain high quality and high customer satisfaction.
- The large majority of international sales use Foreign Military Sales (FMS) which require the Program manager to coordinate closely with USN and USAF international program elements – as well as various government agencies – to ensure both the US and FMS customer requirements are met and concerns addressed.
- The Program manager directs formal proposal development to meet both FMS and (DCS) Direct Commercial Sales opportunities.
- The leader will also coordinate closely with the Boeing Defense headquarters to work with various USG security cooperation, international relations, and export policy offices as well as international embassy officials.
- This position is responsible for ensuring all licensing is in place to accomplish international marketing efforts and plays a critical integration role with product improvements and developmental activity for the international market.
- This individual plays a key role in the development and execution of the Program’s strategy and is routinely involved in cross-function, cross-program, and/or enterprise-wide activity.
These activities include leading/participating in business case development for existing and new products, advising Weapons leadership on the potential international market for capability upgrades in support of investment strategies, and developing plans for life-cycle sustainment/upgrades for international customers.
This position will travel about 1 week a month or 25% of the time and can vary based on program needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with defense industry, defense products or military
- Experience with developing and sustaining productive customer relationships to promote business objectives.
- Experience with international customers and assessments
- Ability to comprehend various technical/engineering disciplines with the ability to communicate with technical personnel on issues impacting design, production, and support of products.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Accredited technical degree or business degree (Bachelor or Masters) from an accredited course of study is preferred.
- Experience using business acumen to drive business results
- Experience with weapon systems such as JDAM / SDB or Harpoon / SLAM ER
- Previous military experience is preferred
- Success in international defense sales and demonstrated knowledge of both FMS and DCS processes is preferred.
- Experience working with US and Foreign Government acquisition processes is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of export regulations and experience with export licensing, TAAs and/or MLAs is preferred.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 14 or more years related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 25 % of the Time Space and Missile Systems Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org