IREX seeks a Summit Officer to support the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders (MWF). The Summit Officer will support the Project Director with the management and implementation of the Mandela Washington Fellowship Summit that will take place from Sunday, July 29 – Friday, August 3, 2018. The Conference Officer will also support participant and alumni programming as needed. This is a temporary full-time position with the potential to become a permanent position, contingent upon funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support team leadership in all aspects of Summit and program implementation to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables;
- Facilitate relationships and outreach with partner institutions, including academic, corporate, non-profit, and government partners, stakeholders, and vendors;
- Prepare agreements for subcontractors and consultants. Manage procurement in line with USG standards;
- Oversee Summit event management consultants;
- Oversee all Summit logistics including workplan, staff plan, and timeline for deliverables;
- Oversee Summit events, including a partnership expo and networking reception;
- Work with IREX Communications team and program staff on advance planning including outreach to media outlets, press credentialing, photography, and videography. Contribute to social media content prior to and during the Summit;
- Contribute to the production of Summit deliverables including participant, stakeholder, and promotional materials;
- Coordinate participant arrivals and departures with project managers and team for MWF, including ground transportation;
- Manage event and travel budgets in coordination with project managers for MWF;
- Organize a wide range of participant information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise prior to and during the Summit;
- Conduct event debrief and follow-up with all parties involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of four years’ experience working with international exchange, education or training programs involved with supporting a large number of adult professionals;
- Minimum of two years managing staff or similar experience;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives with strong ability to anticipate challenges and proactively generate solutions;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Experience managing a large, complex event with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate patience and resourcefulness and maintain professionalism in stressful situations;
- Able to work independently and as a team member with demonstrated ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible;
- Availability to support scheduled program activities in the evenings and on weekends;
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international education, business, or related field preferred;
- English language proficiency in oral and written communications required;
- Excellent computer skills: Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Salesforce experience preferred).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org