General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as an Intern in our Import Export group located in Poway, CA.
This position is available for undergraduate, graduate or doctoral students to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field. Assists in the completion of advanced tasks; assists in the analysis, investigation and solution of complex problems; and assists in developing electronic and hard copy documentation as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under minimal supervision, working on advanced projects with general instructions:
- Participates in the day to day activities of assigned functional area assisting in the completion of advanced tasks.
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve complex problems.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Support the licensing and operations activities of the GA-ASI International Trade Compliance Services Dept.
- Completion of special projects, as assigned.
- Conduct international trade data analysis and associated preparation of reports and memos.
- Attend meetings and prepare meeting summaries and action item lists.
- Interface with other key GA-ASI customers, departments and stakeholders (Strategic Development, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Contracts, Procurement, Shipping & Receiving).
- Participate and prepare import/export compliance training and briefings.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student at a recognized college or university.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately; (2) the ability to follow general instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures; (3) strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with internal professionals; (4) the ability to work independently or in a team environment; and (5) strong computer skills and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite of software applications. (6) Desired academic major(s) and interest in International Business, International Relations/Affairs, pre-Law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org