Manager, Consulting Services
The Synergos Institute is a global non-profit organization dedicated to developing and implementing collaborative solutions to poverty. As part of this larger effort, Synergos launched Synergos Consulting Services, a social purpose advisory group that both advances the Synergos mission and generates revenue for the organization. This unit of Synergos provides consulting support to corporations and foundations on social impact strategies using Synergos’ unique toolbox of innovative, participative and locally-rooted approaches. The main geographic focus areas are South Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. Additional information about Synergos and Synergos Consulting Services is available at www.synergos.org and www.synergosconsulting.org.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director, Services
- Manage client engagement, ensuring that clients receive top quality service.
- Perform research and analysis required to complete client engagements.
- Translate research and analysis into clear and effective output documents for clients.
- Build trusting relationships with clients and generate repeat business.
- Develop new business and support the marketing of Synergos Consulting Services in outreach to new client prospects.
- Develop tools, methods, processes to undergird service delivery; create knowledge management and dissemination systems to organize and deliver knowledge products as needed.
- Support overall Synergos Services practice development, including planning, budgeting/invoicing, financial management, etc.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience, with 2-3 years in a management consulting firm offering clients strategic counsel or comparable experience in a corporate, philanthropic or NGO settings
- MBA or relevant degree in international relations, international development, economics, politics, etc. preferred
- Passionate about overcoming poverty and able to model Synergos values including compassion, integrity and social justice
- Openness to learn and apply Synergos’ approaches, which integrate business analytics with experiential learning and personal development.
- Strong project management, analytical problem solving, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Superior research skills, deep analytical mindset, and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated relationship building, trust-building and adaptive skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator; knowledge of second language a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, across cultures
- Capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects, and set priorities for a challenging workload
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment, taking ideas from concept through implementation
- At least two years direct experience in living and working in, or special knowledge about, Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Middle East; experience working in both developed and developing markets is highly desirable
To apply send your resume by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org