IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The IREX Communities and Governance Practice Unit focuses on implementing high impact initiatives that elevate citizens’ voices and advance inclusivity, promote community cohesion and resilience, and strengthen good governance.
The Program Coordinator will provide support and backstopping to a variety of Communities and Governance Practiceprograms focused on strengthening local governance, national decentralization efforts, and social cohesion among other areas of work as needed. S/he will be involved in all aspects of program management, including sub-grants, operations, finances, work planning, logistics, and reporting.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with IREX staff in Washington D.C. and IREX field offices and liaise with and support project partners, consultants, and technical experts to implement activities and report on program progress and outcomes. Russian and/or Romanian professional language proficiency is strongly preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Coordinator will assume the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate between headquarters and field staff to implement program activities and to collect information about activities implemented in the field;
- Research and/or write summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies;
- Track and analyze work plan activity progress toward project objectives and/or track and analyze project indicator data;
- Track and analyze financial data including program expenditures, program budgets, forecasts and recasts, and grantee and vendor payments;
- Process payments according to IREX procedures;
- Assist with all steps of subgrant management, including due diligence and risk assessments of grantees, subawards and monitoring plans, internal review process, iKnow tracking and overall monitoring;
- Compile and track a wide range of project data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Process and maintain procurement records and financial records; review payment requests and invoices for accuracy and compliance;
- Prepare and edit internal and external communications, projects materials, impact stories, reports, and resources;
- Manage consultant agreements, logistics, and payments;
- Maintain familiarity with and help field office teams access IREX/DC office policies, procedures, support staff, and resources;
- Update publicity materials and web pages for programs;
- Support procurement processes;
- Support M&E data collection and review;
- Support senior staff and development officers in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary for new business development;
- Support general office operations and conduct other programmatic and administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (international relations, development, human resources management or related fields);
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience providing management support to international development projects and/ or experience living/working abroad;
- Understanding of civil society and /or good governance issues;
- Experience working with sub-grant management and/or monitoring and evaluation systems preferred;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Google communications;
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Ability to work in a team environment, including team members across time zones;
- Excellent ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants preferred;
- Language proficiency in Russian and/ or Romanian preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org