Full time government analyst utilizing public records and open source data to help clients understand risk. Provide subject matter expertise on case specific analysis and research on the proliferation of public records and open source information. Experience in social media analysis is foundational to the position.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise, and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science, and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Conduct advanced in-depth data analysis using publically available information in social media platforms, open sources, and commercial databases to support national security objectives.
- Develop online research methodologies and techniques to analyze trends, explore geo-tagged social media content, and leverage big datasets.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior-level analysts.
- Participate as a member of client’s analytical working group, and provide guidance with regard to risk mitigation.
- Produce well researched and conceptualized reports highlighting key analytic findings.
- Interact professionally with clients and respond quickly to their requests.
- Engage with project team members in a collegial and professional manner.
This position will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result, all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
- U.S. TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus. Relevant military or prior government experience in lieu of four-year degree considered.
- At least 2 years previous work experience relating to research and analysis.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and write analytic reports.
- Strong web-based research skills.
- Previous experience with social network analysis tools and methods.
- High proficiency in using a variety of social media platforms.
- Previous experience with research design and methods with a focus on incorporating open source and public records data analysis.
- Foreign language skills.
- Experience with mapping software.
- Programming and technical skills.
- Database management.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org