The West Africa Team is looking for a full-time intern available to begin early April, until August. Start and end dates are negotiable. The intern must demonstrate current involvement in a university degree, and must show how the internship will contribute to the completion of their degree. The position is based in Search’s Brussels headquarters. Please note that the position is unpaid.
The roles and responsibilities include
- Contributing to the production of donor reports and grant proposals;
- Monitors and attends policy meetings, representing the West Africa program in events and conferences;
- Backstopping the Washington & Dakar-based Program Development Coordinators, and the country offices in West Africa;
- Assisting with updating country program website materials;
- Conducting research and analysis as appropriate.
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills (required);
- A self-starting, detail-oriented and flexible approach to tasks (required);
- Demonstrable interest in the West Africa Africa regions and/or conflict resolution (required);
- Degree in relevant subject.
- Interest and knowledge of conflict resolution;
- Experience working in a conflict resolution setting;
- Experience working at a non-governmental organization/non-profit or similar environment;
- International experience;
- Fluency or advanced proficiency in French, with a focus on writing.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org