The Communications Specialist will lead efforts to elevate GMF’s profile in American media and leverage events and activities of GMF’s Washington office and European network to create communications opportunities. The position will act as a contact person for American media, providing accurate and timely response to press requests and keeping the press database up to date. The position will also be responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies for GMF’s events, including the annual Brussels Forum conference, and will participate in creation of content for GMF’s website and social media channels.
- Responding to media enquiries, setting up interviews, managing media logistics at events and monitoring media coverage of GMF.
- Identifying, pitching, and securing journalists to moderate events and major conferences.
- Maintaining the organization’s database of media contacts, and identifying gaps in the organization’s engagement with specific outlets and journalists and seeking to develop new relationships.
- Serving as point person for and identifying the appropriate recipient of incoming media requests.
- Soliciting news-focused content from staff and fellows.
- Identifying opportunities for press coverage around events and specific publications and working with colleagues to develop targeted media strategies.
- Developing strategy for communications around Brussels-based events.
- Acting as point person for communications activities in Europe, informing and involving other members of communications team as needed.
- Contributing to written and multimedia content creation for GMF’s digital channels.
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan American public policy and grant-making institution dedicated to promoting better understanding and cooperation between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of American media landscape and established network amongst
- Understanding of audiovisual aspects of event and media production. Photography skills a plus.
- Facility with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to manage communications and work flow across time zones
- Excellent academic and journalistic writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Native-speaker level written and spoken English
- Interest in international relations a plus
- Experience with podcasting a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org