We're looking for energetic and experienced residential coordinators for Global Scholar - a summer residential program focusing on international affairs and social change for high school students. Coordinators steer the ship, overseeing learning, logistics and safety.
This is a great position for someone interested in global education, foreign policy, leadership, social change and youth development. Successful candidates will have experience leading residential trips / programs. The ideal candidate will also be able to facilitate conversations on global issues like poverty and climate change, as be comfortable helping students practice skills like team building and public speaking. Note: most sessions are led by experts or trainers, so the Coordinator plays a guiding / facilitation role.
- Overseeing two two-week sessions for high school students (4 weeks total), including learning, logistics, safety and more.
- Facilitating learning and ensuring program objectives are met. Coordinator will connect the dots between readings, speakers and assignments through daily wrap-up conversations, small-group breakouts, informally checking in with students, and more.
- Ensuring participants are following all safety and behavioral guidelines.
- Serving as friend/parent/counsel for high school students who may be traveling away from home and family for the first time.
- Ensuring Global Scholar agreement with facilities is upheld at all times, including housing, meals, and classrooms.
- Ensuring that workshop speakers have all necessary information, and that room and equipment are in place, etc.
- Experience overseeing student groups, trips, camps, conferences or equivalent of young people, for example as a camp counselor, RA, etc.
- Experience / comfort handling event logistics, including speakers, meals, and facilities.
- Enough experience with global issues and advocacy to lead group discussions on these topics.
- Excellent personal and communications skills. Coordinator must be flexible, patient, and able to think quickly on her/his feet.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fun and willing to serve as mentor to very excited young leaders.
Please send a resume and coverletter. APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE ASKED TO COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org