The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for an International Program Manager to work with our International team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Climate Reality Project’s international branch program supports and coordinates 10 branch offices globally as they support trained Climate Reality Leaders in their country/region and implement their own programs, projects, and campaigns. Branches are hosted in countries and regions that have held Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training events in order to establish and maintain localized support for trained Climate Reality Leaders in the area. They do this through presentation development, coordinating further trainings and meet-ups, providing communications resources, and establishing programs for Climate Reality Leader involvement.
The International Program Manager is responsible for coordination and support of the Climate Reality’s international branches and will support the International Team in managing strategy, relationships, and grants. This position will have the opportunity assist in the design and implementation of global narratives, campaigns and programs for the branches that will help to build cohesiveness across branch programs for over 14,000 globally trained Climate Reality Leaders. The International Program Manager will also support the International Director in establishing global goals and theories of change, as well as building cohesive and sustainable global systems/communities to build public support in addressing the climate crisis.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the Washington DC office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting branch programs and campaigns according to their requisite annual strategies.
- Supporting the International Program Director with international team strategy development.
- Supporting the design and implementation of international narratives and campaigns, including but not limited to Climate Reality’s 100% Committed and Campus Corps campaigns.
- Supporting the International Program Director in developing new branch impact stories.
- Organizing the annual branch summit, in which best practices, challenges and successes are shared amongst the branch managers different cultures and contexts.
- Supporting the International Project Director with quarterly reports, annual strategy process and periodic grant administration.
- Supporting the necessary internal teams for related work associated with international Climate Reality Leadership Corp trainings and supporting branch integration within these international trainings, when applicable.
- Coordinating with the necessary internal departments on international branch strategies, programs, campaigns and accomplishments.
- Helping to prioritize organizational requests of branch offices and international partners.
- Helping to prioritize branch office requests of headquarters and international partners.
- Traveling on an as-needed and at times frequent basis to support international branch programs, campaigns and overall operations.
- Managing the workload for the International Team intern(s), when applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, transit subsidy, mobile phone reimbursement.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field.
- International experience working across cultures with diverse stakeholders and a sensitivity to diverse cultures.
- Experience in organizing diverse international campaigns into cohesive narratives and building global communities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to speak publicly and represent The Climate Reality Project while abroad.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Fundraising and/or grant administration experience.
- Additional language proficiency is a plus, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM systems.
- A sense of humor, passion for change, and an eye towards innovation.
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org