The intern will work for the IOM liaison office to the EU. The intern will not only become acquainted with the policies of IOM as an international organization, its multicultural environment and its functioning, but also learn more about the current EU policy discourse on humanitarian aid and migration. The intern will assist on subject area of Emergency and Post-Crisis.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Emergency and Post-Crisis Specialist, the incumbent will act as intern to the Emergency and Post-Crisis team. He/ she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of project review and/or uploading of modification/reports and proposals to ECHO;
- Assist in reviewing project reports in the field of humanitarian aid from IOM field missions to DG ECHO. This includes assisting in the review of report content, drafting of cover letters and update of relevant IOM databases and uploading the reports in APPEL;
- Assist in providing support to IOM field missions, specifically with information on EU rules and regulations and the application for electronic exchange (APPEL);
- Assist in resources mobilization by regularly reviewing relevant website for new funding opportunities, relevant press releases and communications, as well as events that are of interest to IOM in the field of humanitarian aid and post crisis operations and prepare weekly updates;
- Assist in liaising with EC staff as well as IOM missions by attending EC events, drafting messages/summary of relevant EC documentation, regularly updating the IOM EPC Regional Office Brussels webpage and drafting of communication with EC counterparts;
- Attend unit meetings, external partner meetings, and/or thematic seminars and conferences and take notes when required;
- Assist in the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist in relevant tasks in the fields of emergency and post-crisis, resettlement and migration, climate change and environment;
- Any other tasks as may be required by her/his supervisor/s.
- Completed University degree in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, International Relations or Law.
- First professional experience or internship in the field of EU liaison, preferably in the field of emergency & post-crisis or DG ECHO.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge about EU budget rules and procedures is an advantage;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines;
- Practical experience of how to multitask, prioritize and work independently;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org