CRDF Global is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead CRDF Global support for two programs of the U.S. Department of State Partnership for Nuclear Threat Reduction (PNTR). These programs focus on building capacity in partner countries to counter insider threats at nuclear facilities and to detect and disrupt activity that provides financial or material support to the Democratic Republic of North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs.
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will serve as team lead for PNTR-funded activities and oversees implementation of a portfolio of projects to ensure delivery is consistent with scope, schedule and budget. This includes supervision of project managers, coordination across internal departments, and managing budgets to ensure financial targets are met. The SPM works closely with the CRDF Global Client Relationship Manager and Nuclear Security Practice Area (NSPA) Director, and contributes to building and developing the relationship with the Department of State.
The SPM will have substantial involvement in sustaining current funding levels and expanding the program through creative approaches to nuclear security and counterproliferation. The position will serve as the technical lead for proposal development efforts ensuring high-quality, technically sound submissions that are responsive to funder requirements.
- Serves as technical lead for nuclear security and counterproliferation at CRDF Global; advises leadership and staff on international best practices in preventing the proliferation of nuclear and radiological materials, technologies and expertise.
- Develops curricula and conducts trainings for international audiences under assigned portfolio
- Supervises planning and execution of projects, manages program-level management tasks including, interfacing with funder(s), program planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Draws on understanding of NSPA strategy to work with institutes, host governments, and the funder(s) to design and implement programs and mission-oriented projects. Examples include: supporting and organizing international training activities related to nuclear security and counter-proliferation, procurement of equipment or other services, and providing logistics support to activities led by others.
- Manages and recruits staff; actively supports professional development of direct reports.
- Represents CRDF Global at external events; makes presentations to educate others about the program
- Represents CRDF Global at domestic and international events, including leading delegations; conducting site visits and attends conferences, meetings, workshops and /or training sessions.
- Supports other programs and staff as required
- 8-10 years’ work experience including international project or program management experience
- Demonstrated leadership of nuclear security and counterproliferation programs
- Strong understanding of nuclear nonproliferation, nuclear security and counter-proliferation landscape; expertise on facility-level security and DPRK preferred
- Strong track record of winning new work and program growth
- 2 years' experience developing curricula and delivering training to international audiences on nuclear nonproliferation topics
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience supervising staff
- Experience working with program budgets and familiarity with U.S. Government regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to present to internal and external clients
- Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills and good judgment
- Willing and able to travel domestically or internationally
- Security clearance or ability to obtain clearance preferred
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.