Under the supervision of UN Women Mexico Representative, in consultation with INEGI, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of technical matters, and provides organizational and logistical support in the implementation and establishment of CEGS, provides strategic leadership to strengthen and position CEGS work on statistics; coordinates advocacy and public information activities, events and products under CEGS, provides operational and coordination support, liaising as necessary on all matters related to procurement, HR, budget, vendors, travel; and contributes to the broader work of UN Women as it relates to the UN Women´s Flagship Initiative MEWGC.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the technical development of CEGS, including innovative products in the framework of SDGs, knowledge management strategy
- Provide strategic coordination to strengthen and position CEGS´s work on statistics; ensure that the priorities respond effectively to the evolving capacity development needs of member states, UN Women and its partners;
- Develop and support methodological research regarding standards on gender concepts, definitions and classification of data and statistics;
- Develop and maintain a statistical knowledge management on gender statistics through collection of methodologies and analysis tools;
- Draft a knowledge management strategy, and coordinate the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of CEGS and contribute to their global dissemination;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with national, regional and international partners to contribute to and support the program of work of the CEGS;
- Oversee the organization of seminars, expert meetings, trainings, workshops and brainstorming meetings.
- Frequently liaise with UN Women’s Research and Data Section to ensure that the work of the CEGS is in line with the broader MEWGC flagship programme.
Lead advocacy and public information activities and support resource mobilization activities
- Build relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of CEGS and respond to any potential problems;
- Provide inputs for the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies, linked to the alliance and communication strategy, to extend the regular financing base and ensure sustainability in operating and growth in the long term;
- Analyze and research information on donors, finalize substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for resource mobilization and cost sharing;
- Coordinate the organization of advocacy activities to promote the work of the CEGS;
- Represent the CEGS in national and international fora, as needed.
Provide operational and coordination support for timely establishment and implementation of CEGS
- Coordinate and monitor the overall work-plan development, monitoring systems for project planning and implementation, budget management and expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Prepare and maintain the project timeline and production schedule and ensure that planning mechanisms are established to meet the deliverables of the project;
- Coordinate development and preparation of financial resources including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting, and monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners, and for proposed activities to ensure consistency with CEGS objectives;
- Provide support to the implementation of contract management for consultants; prepare Terms of Reference and support the timely preparation of quality donor reports;
- Organize meetings, prepare reports, draft terms of reference and ensure follow-up and timely communication and provision of materials to the members of the project´s governing bodies;
- Supervise project personnel to ensure timely compliance of activities.
Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on gender statistics project matters
- Prepare and provide inputs for the planning of projects and activities to ensure timely and comprehensive implementation and ensure that the implementation of CEGS activities follows strict quality standards.
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring, reporting on project activities, ensuring quality, precision, consistency and compatibility of data collected, from the planning to the evaluation stages;
- Prepare and provide inputs to annual and periodic reports; coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports; provide inputs for evaluations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality implementation of CEGS activities against set workplans, timelines and budgets, in line with the Strategic Note;
- Quality and timely reporting:
- Regular and timely monitoring of activities:
- Enhanced best practices and lessons learned documented and circulated:
- Adherence to UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures in all operations.
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Respect for Diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of current policies and practices in gender statistics and organizational skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Good knowledge of UN intergovernmental processes, including the monitoring framework established for SDGs;
- Good understanding of and commitment to gender equality and women's empowerment and its policy implications;
- Strong skills in coordination and programme implementation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide briefings on complex issues;
- Client orientation with constructive approach to resolution of problems and dedication to providing timely support;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English; other language in addition will be an asset;
- Strong knowledge and use of computer office tools (Word, referencing software, databases, spreadsheets, web content production, filing);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and in a cooperative and productive fashion both with internal and external colleagues;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environments; ability to build and promote partnerships across the organization and beyond;
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects whilst maintaining high-quality and timeliness;
- Sound judgment;
- Ability to multi-task, handling a complex workload involving concurrent deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Master degree (or equivalent) in economics, statistics, mathematics, development, gender equality, social sciences or other related areas is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme coordination, management and implementation; particularly in supporting quantitative research and policy analysis related to gender equality and women’s rights;
- At least 2 years of experience in applied work on statistics, preferably related to gender;
- Proven record of writing and/or publishing on policy and programmatic aspects of gender equality thematic areas including conducting and directing research, data collection and publication;
- Research experience focused on the development and use of gender statistics would be a strong asset;
- Management experience is a requirement including people management skills.
- Full command in English; international certification is required.
- Full command in Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org